E.L. Moore, born May 25, 1845, was a native of Clinch County, GA., where he was engaged in business prior to moving to Valdosta in the 1880s. He was a mill and turpentine operator in Pearson, GA for several years, then moved back to Valdosta. He served as a member of the city council, was a member of the executive committee for the Ga. State Fair in Valdosta (1900), member of the Primitive Baptist Church and had served in the CSA during the Civil War. He also operated a lumber mill in Valdosta and owned a considerable amount of property in the northeast section of Valdosta (near present-day Moore Street, which is named for him). He married Martha Strickland and had two children, Frank and Belle (Mrs. T.G. Cranford). He died on August 14, 1914 in Valdosta.